Esther Dankwah Foundation
The Dankwah Street Academy Foundation (DSAF) in Ghana and the Dankwah Street & Sports Academy Foundation (DSSA), active in the Netherlands, were created by the Ghanaian top athlete Esther Dankwah. Both organizations are registered in the Netherlands and Ghana.
Esther Dankwah knows better than anyone what it is like to ultimately have to fight and “run” from poverty for your life to survive. That is why she is committed to underprivileged children especially children who have experienced domestic violence, rape and neglect. The foundation achieves this by building training centre and providing basic, secondary and higher education & skills using sports; providing specialist care for trauma and therapy; empowering girls in dealing with consequences of abuse and raising awareness of the plight of abused children in Ghana and the Netherlands.
- Promote the well-being of children in Ghana;
- Giving and promoting information and education to women and children;
- Promote the development of youth talent in Ghana and Netherlands;
- Free education for (intelligent) (street) children in Ghana.
- Create opportunities for dropouts in Ghana.
- Providing sports training for poor children in the Netherlands and Ghana.
- Collecting clothing for the underprivileged in Ghana.
At women's centre
Esther on Metro TV interview
At medical centre
Dankwah Foundation launched in the Netherlands
On Friday, 02 November 2018, Stichting Dankwah Street & Sports Academy (Netherlands) was launched at the Haag Atletiek, the athletics training centre in the Netherlands Esther has been a trainer for the last 12 years.
Launch in Ghana!
We are happy to launch our foundation and continue the work we started nearly 10 years. You are invited!